The Compliance Manager provides an advisory service both internally as well as to our client base to assist them with their AML and other compliance obligations.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the Compliance Manager is very well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices. S/he is a professional of high ethical standards and works responsibly to complete their duties, keeping in mind the objectives of the business.
- Support the analyst team with any queries they may have
- Support our clients with any compliance / Anti-Money Laundering (AML/ CFT) queries
- Assist in the drafting and updating of AML and other compliance policies and procedures
(both internally and for our clients)
- Assist the compliance team
- Carry out Business Risk Assessments (BRAs)
- Provide assistance to our clients pre and post regulatory compliance visits
- Engage with the internal software support team to provide compliance/AML input
- Provide in-house training
- Provide training to clients
- Communicate reviews and updates or the issuance of new policies
- Attend seminars and keep abreast of industry changes and legal and regulatory updates
- Remain fully up to date with anti-money laundering legislation and guidance.
- BSc/BA in Law, Finance, Criminology, Business Administration or related field
- Strong technical AML knowledge with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in AML
- Capable of conducting a gap analysis on changes in legislation
- Experience with local compliance processes such as ACR, REQ and BRA submission
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Methodical and responsible, with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think out of the box and be creative
- Ideally, certified as a compliance professional such as ACAMS or equivalent.
This opportunity offers a very flexible working environment with the possibility to combine work
from our Valletta office as well as from the comfort of your home, with additional flexibility to
set the hours to fit in with your lifestyle.
To apply, please send covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org